I write this post still coming to terms with the fact I am no longer a teenager, but a young adult. My birthday has now come and gone and I am officially the big 2-0. I remember the start of March last year, the little eighteen year old me who loved to tell the world how independent she felt everyday. I can't lie, I honestly dreaded what nineteen would bring as I associated it with boringness and a struggle of being between a teenager and an 'adult'. I had nothing to worry about as nineteen was a truly wonderful age. There were many good and bad chapters and opportunities for me to grow as a person and as cliche as it may sound, I really feel as if it was the age of finding myself. Yet again, I am anxious but also eager for what twenty will bring for me.
Here are nineteen things being nineteen personally taught me...
1) I will always have to forfeit in ring of fire when I pick the last king and gag at my failed attempt of downing the beautiful concoction of drink in the middle, while everyone sings "We like to drink with Vanese, cause Vanese is our mate. And when we drink with Vanese, she drinks it down in 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Better luck next time!
2) It's actually okay that I haven't fully got my sh*t together. Everything takes time. Sorry to my 13 year old self who thought she'd have started her long term relationship with R-Pattz by now *shifty emoji eyes*
3) Chicken nuggets will always be apart of me. That is all.
4) Nineteen has taught me that it's honestly so acceptable to cry for absolutely no reason. If anything, it feels odd not having a little cry here and there.
5) Slut dropping is my party trick?
6) Nineteen really wasn't much of a step up from being eighteen.
7) Vodka will NEVER be my friend. I raise my hand to being personally victimised by it...
8) I've learnt that it is physically impossible to please everyone and I really do have to come to terms with that.
9) I'm not actually that eager anymore to be 20. #toolate
10) I stress out in way too many situations. Situations that require zero amount of stressing at all. Regular chill time is a must.
11) Procrastination is in my blood.
12) I really enjoy having my small circle of friends. Life isn't about continuing meaningless friendships just to keep the numbers growing.
13) Relationships aren't all they are cracked up to be, especially when they are rushed. I learnt that the hard way earlier this year and it really sucked. It's no fun forcing something that just isn't meant to be. I'm still young and when the right person comes along I'll know. For now, I'll just enjoy the single life.
14) It's amazing to feel empowered by other females!
15) Picking a colour of lipstick for the day will always be one of the hardest decisions.
16) Blogging makes me so incredibly happy and I am so glad to have stuck with it for over three years.
17) I am such an awkward person. I really don't do it on purpose but it's pretty much like violent diarrhea... I just can't stop. (WHAT?)
18) Anxiety is something that affects me on a day to day basis but it will NEVER define me.